Monday, May 24, 2010

Homestretch


5/24/2010 1:30PM
Uganda; day 146

We said goodbye to our new friends from Cal Baptist University yesterday. They went home after three busy weeks of doing God’s work to their best. They made our last month here very eventful and encouraging.

I’ve learned many things during our time here, and my life has truly been changed because of those things, but last week after being in Uganda for 140 days I finally realized why God sent me to this specific place. We had a job to do here, and we’ve been doing parts of it without even realizing it, and finally God opened my eyes to see. I’ll spare the details, but the situation has reminded me that God’s timing is perfect, and all we have to do is trust him and do what he leads us to do.

We go home in 4 days, the thought of leaving the children is a sad one for me, at this point I don’t know if God will call me back to this place. I will miss their little smiling faces, and their big hugs. But it will also be so wonderful to be with family.

Prayer points:

-that we will finish our last 4 days here well.

-that we will have a safe trip home

-that God will direct us in our next step

-that he will continue to protect and provide for the children at the home

-that he will guide the people in charge of the home as they make decisions.

-Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment